Idaho Business Registration System

This system will assist business owners to register with Idaho Department of Labor, the Idaho State Tax Commission, and the Idaho Industrial Commission.

You may apply for the following:

  • Sales or use tax
  • Income tax withholding
  • Unemployment tax
  • Boise Auditorium District tax
  • Travel and convention tax

You will also be notifying the Idaho Industrial Commission of your business

You can also:

  • Add a new tax type to the permits you currently have
  • Change your legal business name, if the IRS has not required you to get a new EIN
  • Change your assumed business name, if it has been done at the Secretary of State
  • Add or change a business location
  • Add or remove partners, shareholders, or managing members

Certain types of businesses may be required to register with other state and local agencies as well. You may wish to visit https://idahobizhelp.idaho.gov/ for additional information.

Before opening a business in Idaho, the owner should register the business with the Idaho Secretary of State. For more information please call 208-334-2301 or visit their website at: http://www.sos.idaho.gov/.

If the business will have employees, the owner must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN). The EIN can be obtained by visiting the federal website at https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/employer-id-numbers-eins.